Thursday 20 September 2012

Are we using The Law of Attraction against ourselves?

It's hard not to open the paper or read the news without freaking out. It sometimes feels impossible to believe that you, your children and anyone you care about will ever be able to live to a ripe old age and have fun and live life without being murdered or getting a terrible disease or losing the plot or having something equally terrifying happen.

Everywhere you look in the papers and on the news, people are sick or missing or suffering - I often find it hard to not let it drag me into misery. In fact, I've stopped slagging off trashy celebrity magazines because I feel like I'd rather read about Katie Price's latest business venture than a family being gunned down whilst on holiday. It may not be rocket science, but at least it's not something that's going to weigh on my heart and make me lose sleep.

The thing that I keep thinking about though, is The Law of Attraction - fundamentally how 'like attracts like'. If we're constantly reading about misery and pain and suffering, aren't things like this going to be more rife? It's like, people worry about things a lot, therefore they think about them a lot, shouldn't that mean that sooner or later, these thoughts will manifest into reality?

I wonder what would happen if we conducted an experiment, everyone across the globe - and the rules were:
1 - No bad news in the papers
2 - No bad news on the television
3 - Promote happiness, show inspiring and happy stories
4 - Encourage kindness and humility

It would be so interesting to see if there was a change in the world - I'd like to think that there would be. If I truly believe this though, should I not include this kind of behaviour in my own life? Good deeds (karma), not watching anything on TV except my Cougar Town, Sex & The City and The Inbetweeners boxsets, only reading things like Glamour and heat. Actually, this seems like a good idea, and something that I might actually try... I will absolutely blog about it - see if I get any good results. I think I will, because as Gandhi said;

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.”

Follow my lead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment