Tuesday 11 September 2012

The icing on the cake (of turd)


PMS - a lot to answer for... Wanting to strangle your friend, crying at insurance adverts - you get the picture.

We had a bit of a party on Saturday, and I regret to inform you that it got a little out of hand, there was a bit of arguing between me and another person (who will remain nameless) and it was all a bit ridiculous. Anyway, I got a letter through my door from my landlord today; one of my kindly neighbours has complained to them about said disagreement. Dobber! Grasser! Keep in mind, that this is the first time something of this nature has happened in the four years we've lived on this street. So I get this letter which informs me they've received a complaint about bad language and loud music (the latter of which is a lie as my piddly little speaker for my iPod doesn't go very loud).

I get guilty easily - it's a pointless emotion, but one that frequents my mind, hanging around berating me like a bully. I felt like a right twerp, ringing up to apologise and explain why it happened (I could picture myself in front of a headmaster getting reprimanded for running in the corridors). My point is, my PMT is at an all time high today and I've been getting steadily more grumpy/sad all day, so the letter was the icing on the cake of turd that is this week so far - so why couldn't this neighbour come to my house, or drop a note through my door, saying they were upset with the behaviour that went on? Then I could have sent a note back with a witty anecdote on it, made them laugh and all would have been well with the world of our street. I felt like crying to the landlord, pleading my case and begging for forgiveness (and for them to tell me who grassed me up... snitch).

Instead, what is now happening (I hope) is that they're sat at home chewing their nails wondering if I'll find out if it was them (and I chuffing will I tell you!) and I'm sat at home feeling like a scolded teenager who's been told off by the coppers for drinking cider in the park.

Curtain twitching douchelords...

ANYWAY, the silver lining is that I've had an IDEA! Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment